Du bist hier:
Import Windows Server into Proxmox
Run on the source server
- Run Regedit:
- Download integration services:
- Install viostor from Integration Services
- Shutdown server & export VMDK. You can make a file share on the windows server for example and mount the network drive on the proxmox.
root # mount -t cifs //patternserver.tld/share/ /disk -o user=administrator
- import VMDK into Proxmox as HDD
root # qemu-img check -r all sr00.vhdx
- insert HDD at server with ID101
# qm importdisk 101 /vmdisk/sr569-new.vhdx local-lvm
Then add HDD in Proxmox as IDE
- Attach second HDD with 2 GB memory as VirtuoIO. Boot server and install VirtuoIO driver (Device Manager)
- Install Guest Agent (Balloon) and install Virtio Serial Driver, install Ballooning Device and all drivers
- Change IDE to VirtuoIO at Proxmox, remove 2nd HDD, boot
- Check if GuestAgent is displayed in Summary in PX10
- Check number of CPU (several sockets better than 1 depending on license problems)
- CPU => change to host instead of default (because faster)
- Set memory to xx Gbyte
- Device manager => change HID driver to ‘standard bus’. Follow wizard => select driver yourself => select standard bus.
- Limit HDD Speed to XYZ Mbyte/s.
- Start both Balloon services under ‘Services