If you work on your website with other people or host subdomains for other users, you may want to create separate FTP accounts.
How to create an additional FTP account:
- Log in to the Hosting Administration
Open websites & domains and click FTP access.
Click Add FTP Account.
Specify the following settings:
FTP account name. Enter the desired name.
Base directory. Select the directory to which the user will be redirected when he connects to the FTP account.
Hard disk quota (for Windows Hosting). To limit the amount of disk space on the server that the FTP account user can occupy, clear the Unlimited check box next to the Disk Space Allocation field and enter the desired amount of disk space in megabytes.
Read permission (Windows Hosting). If you want to allow the FTP user to view the contents of the base directory and download files from that directory, select the Read permission check box.
Write permission (Windows Hosting). If you want to allow the FTP user to create, view, rename, and delete directories in the base directory, select the Write permission check box.
If you do not grant permissions, a connection to the FTP account will be established, but the contents of the base directory will not be displayed to the user (for Windows Hosting).
How to change the properties of an additional FTP account:
- Go to Websites & Domains and click on FTP Access.
- Click in the list on the desired FTP account name.
- Make the necessary changes and click OK.
How to remove an additional FTP account:
- Go to Websites & Domains and click FTP Access.
- Select the check box for the FTP account you want to remove and click Remove. Note, however, that the main FTP account of a subscription cannot be removed.
- Click OK to confirm the removal.