Add cloud storage as a network drive
Our cloud storage can easily be added as a network drive under Windows.
Variant 1 without software
- Open the Windows File Explorer.
- Right-click on “This PC” and select “Connect network drive…”.
- Enter the following URL as the folder: . Activate the two checkboxes and select a suitable drive letter.
- If all the data has been entered correctly, a login window should now open in which you can enter your user name and password.
- Activate “Save login data” and click on “OK”. The network drive has been successfully set up and should now open in a new window.
Variant 2 with software
- Download and install RaiDrive from here
Click on add (1)
Select NAS (2)
Select WebDAV (3)
- Now select the desired drive letter and enter a drive name e.g. “Webdav” (4)
Enter the cloud storage name cloud.firestorm.ch in (5)
In (6) enter the path remote.php/webdav/.
Now enter your user name and password in (7).
- Click OK and find the new drive on your computer and access it like a local hard drive.
If you receive the error “the network connection could not be found” when connecting the network drive, open the command line on your computer and execute the following command:
REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WebClient\Parameters /v BasicAuthLevel /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f