Import CSV file
Importing products from a CSV file is ideal for importing large quantities of products or even updating the inventory of your existing products.
To import products:
- Click on Shop
- Click on Product Import
To import your products, upload your CSV file. Further information about the headers used in the CSV can be found on the product import page under IMPORT: SO GEHT’S. There is also an example CSV available on this page if you want to know how to structure the CSV file.
Notes on this function:
- The first row in the CSV is reserved for the header columns. These must be in the correct order and spelling.
- The file must be saved in CSV format (.csv)
- The main product ‘Handle’ (which contains all product information, title, long name etc.) must appear in the CSV before one of your variation lines.
- For each group of products ‘Handle’, the import updates the product if the handle already exists, or creates a new one if the handle has not yet been imported.
- SKU’s must be unique. Creating a new product with an existing SKU therefore causes the import to cause an error.
- Images must have a valid URL.
- Tags’,’Option Names’ and ‘Option Values’ must be separated by semicolons.
- Visible’,’Stock Track’ and’Stock Unlimited’ must be set to ‘yes’ or ‘no’.
- Option Values’ and ‘Option Names’ must have the same number of entries.
0 out of 5 stars