By default, all our domains already have the correct SPF entry to send emails. If you want to use an external or your own mail server, you have to change the SPF entry. We’ll explain exactly how it works here.
Possible error message when sending:
550 SPF check failed
IP address of mail server: 188.8.131.52 (IPv4) AND / OR 123:abc:de::1 (IPv6)
- Log in under admin.firestorm.ch
- Open domains and click the tool .
- Now open ‘DNS Entries’ and search the list for TXT (mostly at the bottom).
- Now add the IP address of your mail server to the TXT entry e.g. ip4:184.108.40.206 if you want to add an IPv6 use as an example: ip6:123:abc:de::1Default entry:
.firestorm.ch -all NEW
v=spf1 include:spf.firestorm.ch ip4:220.127.116.11 -all NEW
v=spf1 include:spf.firestorm.ch ip6:123:abc:de::1 -all
- Now click on ‘Save changes’ and the entries will be applied immediately. It can take up to 24 hours until all servers worldwide have adopted the settings.
Please make sure that only ONE SPF entry exists!
Tip: To check the SPF, you can follow this website: https://mxtoolbox.com/spf.aspx